Burly Writer

My photo
I'm a Writer, if by Writer you mean a misanthrope.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Debra Paget's Scorning Me To Death with Those Eyes


Watching THE HAUNTED PALACE last night, great Vincent Price work, Roger Corman directing, and one of my favorite writers Charles Beaumont (THE HOWLING MAN) screenwriting the thing. It's a bizarre mash-up of Poe and Lovecraft. It's almost disconcerting to hear the Lovecraft terminologies, names and scenarios for Dark Elder God invasion, elucidated in a Corman cut-rate chiller, but there it is all the same.


Debra Paget plays the suffering young wife of Le Price, and man, what a looker. Unbelievable-looking woman. She almost makes Raquel Welch look like someone's deformed sister. Almost.


I'd kind of missed the Debra Paget worship, but look at the bod on this dame. With that amazing facial bone structure and those powerhouse gams, I can't for the life of me understand who'd fawn all over Marilyn Monroe's soft boozy no-orgasm-having behind. It's a shame Paget didn't have the same impact, because if I have to look at the transsexuals at Mardi Gras, I'd rather they look like Paget than Marilyn M. any day.


1 comment:

  1. Que tal, pal? Thanks for the intro, Chad. I will seek it out.

    ReplyDelete