Burly Writer

My photo
I'm a Writer, if by Writer you mean a misanthrope.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Hardman and Parker and the Green Goliath



I can say with authority that I hate every Marvel comic produced today except ATLAS, which is hands-down my favorite ongoing series.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/07/it-may-not-be-official-but-parker-and-hardman-are-the-new-hulk-team/

Gabriel Hardman is a "new" favorite artist of mine. He's done nothing but impress since he began with short jabs on filler-type material for ATLAS, graduated to the main artist, and handled the Hulk in a very old-school way during writer Jeff Parker's Avengers crossover. I never thought Hardman's Hulk would ever be the kind of Hulk the awful Suits at Marvel would gravitate toward. I can only assume that hot-ticket Parker convinced somebody up at the top of Hardman's acumen.


And now, I can say I'm actually excited about who's working on probably my favorite Marvel character ever. As you can see by Hardman's sketch, instead of drawing the Hulk like a steroidal psychopath, he goes back to the Kirby roots of density as the core of strength. This actually looks like the Hulk to me.

So I guess the fact is, in this world, if you live long enough, something good is bound to happen. And I thought the return of the 3D Man was great. This is balls-deep news, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment